That means it’s time for a cocktail! I will definitely imbibe in one, especially after a
Anyways, back to how it’s happy hour. Came up with a new drink this evening so I thought I would document it for a quick bar recipe post!
The French 75, which is Gin, Champagne, and lemonade.
- 1 oz Gin or Vodka
- > 1oz lemon juice (preferably fresh-squeezed half of a lemon)
- > 1 oz ginger honey syrup (I used a pre-made store-bought one, but you could also find a recipe online or just use any other simple syrup)
- Utensils: 1 oz side of a jigger, citrus squeezer, cutting board + knife
- Glassware: Champagne flute
- Add 1 oz of your chosen liquor to the flute.
- Cut the ends off one lemon (like in the first step of this video), then cut in half (parallel to the end cuts instead of into quarters like shown in the video). Place end-cut side of the half down in the citrus squeezer, then squeeze into the 1 oz jigger.
- Top off the remaining space in the jigger with ginger honey (or chosen) simple syrup, and add the lemon juice + syrup to the flute.
- Top off the remaining space in the flute with Champagne.
- Stir, serve, and enjoy!
I’m always down to try new made-up drink recipes, and they don’t all turn out super delicious, but I think this one is a success! Light and refreshing. Let me know your thoughts if you test it out–or any tweaks you’d suggest–in the comments! 🙂